mandag 26. oktober 2009

Nigeria

I've been in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria, for one week now. I'm on a research assignment from work, but I think it's also an amazing opportunity to experience other cultures.
So far, I've found out that abuja actually was planned and built around 1980. Abuja was chosen as capital in 1991 because it was more central then the last one, Lagos. It's not a big capital though, it only has around 405 000 people.
This morning I was on the beach, though far from Abuja because it's location is so high that the climate is not on the hottest. But on the lower land the climate is so warm and tropical, I believe that is one of the main attractions, the tropical weather.
Nigeria is a country in the west of Africa, so it surprised me a little when I found out that they actually have democracy.
the native people in Nigeria is the Nok- people. According to the sources they don't exist anymore.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar