mandag 26. oktober 2009

Canada

Right now, I'm in Montreal, the second largest frenchspeaking city after Paris. It's amazing how a country with two different official languages, which is English and French, can get so well along. Especially when France refuses to learn English.
Montreal is Canadas second most populated city with a little over one million people. I'm a student, studying one year in Canada. I live in a cute, little apartment with desent payment.
I'm real glad I choose Montreal to live in, because here you get the best of "both worlds" (English and French). you walk past a english shop and just around the corner it could be a French restaurant.
The native people of Canada is the Inuits. you can't see them very often in the citys, because they live far up north. They dedicate their lives to hunting their own food and surviving on their own. They ceep their traditions carefully.
Although there are more French- speaking people here then English- speaking, I came here to study Language. And it's a great way to learn both culture and two completely different languages.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar